What is meant by brand awareness is the ability of potential buyers or consumers to recognize or remember a brand. In this case, of course, it can include names, images/logos and certain slogans used by market participants to promote their products.
The Role of Brand Awareness
The role of brand awareness in helping brands can be understood by analyzing how brand awareness can create value. Brand awareness becomes a source of other associations, familiarity or liking, commitment, establishing the brand.
The explanation of the four values is as follows:
- Brand awareness is another source of association. A brand with high awareness will help the associations stick to the brand because the cruising power of the brand will be very high in the minds of consumers. The current situation shows that a brand with high awareness can create positive associations for other products.
- Familiar or liking. If your brand awareness is high, consumers will be very familiar with your brand, and over time it will cause a high sense of liking for your brand. For example, consumers are familiar with Bango soy sauce, a product from Unilever. Because they are used to consuming Bango soy sauce, it creates compatibility and a sense of liking for the brand, which can encourage purchasing decisions.
- Considering the brand. The first step in a buying process is to sort out the known brands in a category to decide which brand to buy. Brands with high top of mind have high consideration value. If a brand is not stored in memory, it will not be considered in purchasing decisions.
- Substance or commitment. Brand awareness can signify the existence, commitment, and core that is very important for a company. Because a brand with high brand awareness is usually caused by several factors, namely:
- Advertised widely, so that it is widely known by the public.
- An existence that has stood the test of time
- Wide distribution range, making it easier for consumers to get these products.
- The brand is well managed.
Brand Awareness Level
Brand awareness has several levels from the lowest level (not aware of the brand) to the highest level, namely Top of Mind, which can be described in a pyramid. The brand awareness pyramid from highest to lowest level is as follows:
- Top of Mind is a brand that is told by consumers for the first time or the first that appears in the minds of consumers, or the brand is the main brand of various brands in the minds of consumers.
- Brand recall is an unaided recall of a brand.
- Brand Recognition (brand recognition) is a minimal level of brand awareness, where the introduction of a brand appears again after being reminded through assisted recall.
- Unware of Brand (not aware of the brand) is the lowest level in the brand awareness pyramid where consumers are not aware of a brand.
7 Ways to Build Your Business Brand Awareness
- Social Media
- Content Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Event Marketing
How to Assess Brand Awareness?
Surveys are one way that is often used to measure brand awareness.
- View your website analytics
From website analytics, you can observe whether there is an increase or decrease in brand awareness.
- Social Media
Not only for promotion, you can use social media to measure your brand awareness.